An Audioscrobbler plugin for Rhapsody
What: This program will look for tracks played from Real's Rhapsody service and submit them to the Audioscrobbler database.
Why: Tracks you listen to from Rhapsody will appear in your Last.FM profile.
Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0, Rhapsody (version 3.0.1, 3.1, 4.0+, or the Rhapsody web player). Rhapsody 3.0.1 and 3.1 are only supported in RhapsodyScrobbler 1.1 or older.
Disclaimer: I did some testing, but it is probably not perfect. If you have any problems, let me know. Or, better yet, fix it and send me a copy of the code.
Current Version: 1.2
Downloads and Installation Instructions: I am providing both the compiled program and the source code. Get them here.
To use, just run RhapsodyScrobblerWin.exe. Read the Program Settings section below.
- Rhapsody Settings
- Rhapsody RSS URL - This is the URL of the "Personal Listening History Feed" that Rhapsody provides for each user. To find your URL, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to http://www.rhapsody.com/myrhapsody/rss.html in your browser.
- Sign in to Rhapsody.
- If your feed is set to private , click the link that says "click here to make it public." NOTE: This will make it possible for other people to see the tracks you have played (if they guess your URL).
- Copy the feed titled "Recently played tracks" and paste it into the "Rhapsody RSS URL" field in RhapsodyScrobbler.
- View RSS: - This button will allow you to validate that your RSS URL is valid and public. Sometimes it takes a while for played tracks to appear on the RSS feed. Therefore, this is a good place to check if you are wondering why your tracks haven't been submitted; if they don't appear in the RSS feed, there is no way for RhapsodyScrobbler to submit them.
- Start Rhapsody On Startup - If checked, this will cause Rhapsody to start when RhapsodyScrobbler is started (if not already).
- Exit When Rhapsody Exits - If checked, RhapsodyScrobbler will detect that Rhapsody has been closed and will close itself.
- Path To Rhapsody - This is the location of the Rhapsody executable on your system. When the program is started, it will try to detect this automatically. If it can't find it, you will have to type this.
- Audioscrobbler Settings
- Scrobbler User: - The username you use to log in to the last.fm website. Known issue - if you change your credentials after you have already told the program to "monitor," you will have to close RhapsodyScrobbler and restart in order for the change to take effect.
- Scrobbler Password: - The password you use to log in to the last.fm website. See known issue above.
- Submit Tracks In Bulk - This affects the way that tracks are submitted to Audioscrobbler when you have multiple tracks that have not yet been submitted. If checked, these tracks will be submitted in batches of 10. If not checked, only one track will be submitted at a time.
- RhapsodyScrobbler Settings
- Monitor On Startup - If checked, RhapsodyScrobbler will monitor Rhapsody for played tracks immediately on starting RhapsodyScrobbler.
- Start Minimzed - If checked, RhapsodyScrobbler will start minimized in the System Tray upon startup.
- Track Check/Submit Interval (milliseconds) - How often to check for played tracks and submit them to Audioscrobbler, in milliseconds.
- Days of Offline Plays to Submit - RhapsodyScrobbler can submit tracks that were played through Rhapsody when RhapsodyScrobber was not running. Set this to the number of days you want to look back for played tracks. Set this to 0 to disable offline submissions.
- Event Settings
- Track Submission (Popup) - If checked, a "toaster" style message will be displayed whenever a track is submitted to Audioscrobbler.
- Track Submission (Log) - If checked, a message will be logged to a file whenever a track is submitted to Audioscrobbler.
- Trace (Popup) - Choose the level of messages (besides Track Submissions) to be displayed as a "toaster" popup.
- Trace (Log) - Choose the level of messages (besides Track Submissions) to be logged to a file.
- Log Path - The path and filename where Track Submission and Trace messages will be logged (if selected above).
Note: not all settings take immediate effect upon saving. The settings that will take effect immediately depend on the state of the application. For example, if monitoring has not been started, then the Audioscrobbler Settings will take effect immediately. However, if monitoring has been started, it will have to be stopped and restarted to take effect.
Contact: Derek Atlansky (datlan at gmail dot com) I welcome all feedback.